Friday, March 1, 2013

Cheery Flowers on Yupo Paper

11x14, Watercolor & Ink on Yupo Paper (c) 2013 Colleayn Klaibourne

I created this piece of art to bring cheeriness to a long Minnesota winter.  You have probably noticed that each blog has a very different look to my art.  It has been suggested to me that I have one "style" so people would know my work.  I have tried for years to do this, but I have decided that I am going to be an artist with many styles.  The common denominator is color!    It is how my mind works, how my art emerges, and what keeps me excited about creating.  


 My goal this year has been to loosen up my work, and Yupo paper does that.  This is created using Twinkling H2O watercolors & Ink on Yupo Paper, which is 100% recyclable and made from polypropylene.  When you paint on it, it has a mind of its own.  You really don't know what is going to emerge.  It is non-absorbent so the paints remain bright and happy.  It is perfect for my love of creating vibrant, colorful art.    


You’ll still see the detail of my Celtic Art, Mandalas, and flowers, and I’ll keep it fun with whimsical art, Angels & Faeries, and more.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love the vibrancy of your painting! I am a big fan of Yupo paper, colors seem just more colorful on it. I also love the effects you get when you spray alcohol lightly on a wet wash.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails